Monday, July 19, 2010

Just Breathe......

Quote Pictures, Images and Photos


It's sounds like such an easy thing to do.....And no one ever taught us how to, its just human instinct to do it. But, I really have to focus on breathing correctly and consistently while running. On Friday I hit the gym before meeting some friends for drinks. The run was great but I noticed that on the second interval, my breathing pattern was way off. I had to regroup and focus on long deep breaths in and long exhalations out. After, about 10 seconds of this focus I was able to get the pattern back and finish the run strong.

On Saturday, I hit my favorite class, step! We had a sub and this instructor is "NO" joke. She did a combination of step intervals and cardio kick boxing and my legs were extremely sore--but man, it was an amazing workout. After finishing the class I jumped on the spinning bike for 15 minutes to burn a few extra calories.

On Sunday before my head was even off the pillow, all I could feel was the pain in my legs from Step class the day before. I didn't let the soreness keep me from running and I hit the treadmill for 4 miles. Again, I found myself really needing to focus on the breathing. After reflecting, its so easy to forget to breathe.....but you must keep a nice steady pace of breathing and you do need to be claim while running. The body does and can go into a little panic if your not breathing properly. Another lesson that parallels with life....you must keep a balanced and healthy pattern to keep claim and focus on the important stuff and through out the ruff patches and down turns.....you must BREATHE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment