Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Holy Hotness!!!


That's all I can say!!!! Today its 105 degrees without the heat index.....And I work outside.....So needless to say I've been a walking "hot mess" all day but I survived!!!!! With plenty of water and sneaking in any place with air condition, I made it and had energy for the gym!(Anyone that has seen me when I get HOT knows its not pretty so I celebrate the small victories.....like not killing anyone today & being as pleasant as possible when I can feel the sweat dripping down my back----SICK but its sooooooo true!!!!!) I would have layed on this ice in the middle of Time Square today, if I could have...but how cute is this puppy?!?! I was a little worried about what my energy levels would look like- I thought maybe the heat left nothing but I got on that treadmill and cranked out 3.5 miles. I have found my body is adjusting and I seem to be able to run longer in between the walking, which is extremely empowering & satisfying (considering I'm still on week 1). I've been surprised that my body isn't as sore as I thought it would be & my ankle isn't bothering me either(as long as I wear my brace). I was worried that yoga aggravated it yesterday but it feels great! A friend was nice enough to give me some new songs for my Iphone & I just love running to that beat!!!!!! I'm learning that with running its all about the little victories and embracing them and celebrating each one....for what they are....That goes for life as well! Have a wonderful evening.....Stay cool!!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Anna. I was worried about you today with all the heat you are having. Yes, I do know how you are in the HEAT, ugly. So keep up the good job and know that dad and I are very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna my darling!! I LOVE that you have a blog. I am going to add you to my list!!!! Good luck with the running. I have never been a gym goer but I started in April and I LOVE it (okay I like it) now. Makes a girl feel great. Love you and miss you Plus 1!!!!!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete