Thursday, July 8, 2010

8 minutes of running!!!



Yesterday was my first rest day in my first week of running. I hit the treadmill today with so much energy and excitement......Yes.....you heard correctly.......I was actually looking forward to running!! And I couldn't believe the progress I had made in a week. Today I ran 8 minutes in a row with 2 minute walking breaks for 4 miles. I really couldn't believe it.......And I feel great!!! I'm planning on holding this pace for the next week. I was just running along and I glanced at the clock and couldn't believe I had been running for 6 minutes......My face lite up and I felt like screaming "look at me.....I'm running and not passing out".....I settled for a huge smile and a motivation cheering session. It truly feels outstanding to be pushing towards a healthy goal and I find myself looking forward to that time at the gym. It's "me" time. I don't think about anything else but running- its so weird. When I do step, zumba or spin, my mind is thinking about a million different things. But with running, I'm extremely focused and determined to finish strong. Last week I decided that when the distance on the treadmill is ready to change to 3 miles- I must be running as it changes.....I know it seems crazy but I'm focused on finishing that 3 miles running!

Tomorrow I will be running in the morning and I'm so happy its finally Friday!!!!!!!! After returning home- Scott and I decided to have a celebration "Summer Ale" beer and Louie went crazy over our Koozie- Check out the pictures. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anna!

    I didn't know you had a blog too. I was reading molly's blog and saw your profile. I blog too! And I just thought I'd drop by and say hello and tell you that I am about to start the Couch to 5k program. Don't know how good it will go. I have NEVER considered myself a runner either. I don't even like it at this point. But I think it will be really good for stress relief. Oh, and losing what's left of my belly :)

    ReplyDelete