Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hudson- River Run!




So last Saturday, it was finally cool enough for me to hit the Hudson River track in Irvington, NY---It was breathtaking and so peaceful. I really didn't know what to expect but the track has baseball fields, fresh flowers, clean bathrooms, park benches and not to mention the River and the Palisades (which is a line of steep cliffs along the west side of the lower Hudson but on the NJ side). I ran 3.2 miles and felt on top of the world. It was extremely windy but so nice to take in the view and enjoy the beautiful non-heated day. Sorry for the sweaty picture but I stopped to capture the view and show you that I was workin up a sweat while running! The bridge in the second picture is called the Tappen Z Bridge (one of my fave). Sunday was a rest day- Due to the out door run, I was pretty sore on Sunday. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were all running days at the gym- 3.1 miles each days- And Monday & Tuesday involved lifting also. Tomorrow will also be a gym running day, Friday will be rest day. I will be working a the NY Gift show and staying in the City Friday- Thursday so I will be a City runner during that time---I'm really looking forward to that. I will hit the Avenues and Central Park for sure!! I find that I actually miss running on my rest days....which I NEVER thought I would says that. I'm feeling amazing and very focused- I've lost weight and can feel my body really changing.....I have a CRAZY appetite but have really been focusing on fruits and veggies (keeping them clean and at arms reach) and that has been extremely helpful! Have a terrific evening!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. If anyone knows how to change the time on this thing that would be GREAT!!!! It's 6:37pm and it says 3:02pm....not correct and its like that on all my blogs....PLEASE HELP!!! XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete